Industry leading utilities provider has an annual FM spend of £7 million, split across critical infrastructure sites, water treatment facilities and corporate headquarters.
A core component of the corporate strategy was to consolidate its business functions and people into a single integrated and sustainable office environment. The client re-located into a new corporate office where all director level personnel and administrative functions would be based and would also provide an immediate improvement of the built environment. The value of this strategy was to release tangible value and enable integrated working efficiencies resulting from the migration from five office locations into one.
Opale undertook a project to develop and implement a new FM model consisting of:
– Design of the FM operations for the new corporate head office
– Transformation of the FM operating model for a dispersed portfolio
– Oversee the move of employees into a new geographic location
– Introduction of new ways of working.
Opale’s expert consultants delivered an all-encompassing solution to support the client as it relocated to its new headquarters including:
– Re-specification of service requirements
– Influence the design of the building from an FM perspective
– Advise on new supporting systems such as conference room booking systems, cashless working, security infrastructure etc.
– Full space planning and management of tendered services
– Communications and CRM inputs to support the move programme
– Delivery of a remote learning package including new location and transportation links
– Implementation a new user help desk for employees to support the transition to the new property
– Responsibility for asset management and life-cycle maintenance
– Full control and oversight of snagging issues.
Following the successful relocation to the client’s new headquarters, Opale also provided post-implementation transformation support including:
– induction and training for employees
– the establishment of a new FM intranet site
– new procedures, policies and systems.
The aforementioned supported the client on an on-going basis as it successfully transformed to a new FM operating model.
OPALE toolsets were deployed during each stage of the process including OSIRIS. FMAP and Perform.